Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Back to Wachovia for more dollars

June 5 2007. Today I went back to Wachovia Branch for more dollar coins. Got a roll and 22 loose. The roll was mixed coins. Susan B, Sac, Washington and one Adams. From there I went to Publix. a Florida grocery chain, and purchased bananas and apples. $4.84, paid with 5 coins and got 16 cents in change. No comment by either me or the cashier about the coins. Just Hi and Goodby.

It appears that dollar coins are easier-for me at least- to handle than dollar bills. I just reach into my pocket with change and take the number of dollars I need and present them in payment. If it was an exact change transaction I would just lay my coins on the counter, as all the clerks can make change faster than I can. I just scoop up what's left and put it in my pocket.

I have a tick about of having all the bills including ones facing the same way and right side. Coins appear to be easier than bills for me.

s/henry

No comments: