Monday, June 11, 2007

I'm postitive on dollar coins

Submitted June 11, 2007 to Numismaatic News

I'm positive on dollar coins.

Sure, all the talk on dollar coins is negative. Too heavy, won't work,been tried and failed, I've not read a positive news story anywhere.

So, I gave all my one dollar bills to my wife and switched over to dollar coins just to see what would happen. I'm surprised. Dollarcoins are easier to use than dollar bills and clerks like them.

I carry the dollar coins in with my change. Call them super quarters,or round dollars, whatever, what I've found is that I can pay exact change very quickly. No more change building up in my pocket, changekeeps leaving my pocket throughout the day. The next day I start outwith more dollar coins and more change.

So far, all the cashiers have been happy to have the coins. I'm sure one day I'll get a negative response for using dollar coins, but it hasn't happened yet.

I wonder if any other people are happily using dollar coins? I'd appreciatecomments, positive or negative, at http://circulatedollarcoins.blogspot.com/

Henry Stevens
Punta Gorda
Florida

No comments: