Monday, June 11, 2007

Using Dollar Coins

submitted to Coin World letters to the editor June 11, 2007

Using Dollar Coins

Recently I gave my wife all my one dollar bills and switched entirely to using dollar coins. I carry them with my change. My purpose was to see howit would actually work and what kind of response I would get makingdollar coin transactions.

Despite all the negative articles appearing in the coin press I foundit to be a postive experience. The coins are easy to get at my bank.Every time I've offered coins they have been welcomed,in fact most clerks have been delighted.

I find using dollar coins in with my change easier to carry and use because I givedollar coins and correct change, all from one handful at one time. When giving dollar bills I tend to accept change because I hate to make the clerk wait while I dig out my change to make correct change. Rather, I let them give me change, which they can doreally fast. The change just builds up in my pocketand in jars at home.

So far, I'm hooked on dollar coins. I wonder if all the people who write so negatively about dollar coins have actually tried them? Perhaps they would be surprised if they did?
Comments appreciated at http://circulatedollarcoins.blogspot.com/h

Henry Stevens Punta Gorda Florida

No comments: